A charitable bequest made through your will is a simple and impactful way of giving. It allows you to leave a larger gift to YWCA Edmonton than would be possible during your lifetime.
By planning today, you can have a tremendous impact on the vision of a world of equality, opportunity, and choice for women. Your support will allow us to continue to lead, support, and advocate for women, girls, and families when and where they need us — for years to come. Every gift in every will makes a difference and helps us to continue to offer programs and services as the needs of our community change.
We hope you'll consider including a gift to YWCA Edmonton in your will.
How it Works
To make a charitable bequest, you need a current will or revocable living trust. After your lifetime, YWCA Edmonton receives your gift. Your gift can be made as:
Called a charitable bequest, this type of gift offers these main benefits:
- Flexibility: Because you are not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatility: You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to us.
- Satisfaction: You can provide a future gift while retaining control of your assets during your lifetime.
Other benefits include:
- A charitable tax receipt to your estate
- Reduction or elimination of estate taxes through careful planning
- An opportunity to honour or memorialize yourself or a loved one by establishing a named endowment fund
Putting Your Family First
When planning a future gift, it's sometimes difficult to determine what size of a donation will make sense. Emergencies happen, and you need to make sure your family is financially taken care of first. Including a bequest of a percentage of your estate ensures that your gift will remain proportionate no matter how your estate's value fluctuates over the years.
Make Your Planned Gift Today!
Leaving a gift to YWCA Edmonton in your will is simple.
- Speak to your lawyer about drafting or revising your will or adding a codicil. Here is some sample wording to reference.
- Take a moment to complete this confidential Planned Gift Confirmation Form and return it to us.
Letting us know that you have made a bequest allows us the opportunity to thank you today and ensure that your gift can accomplish what you would like.
For your information:
- Charitable Registration Number: 10822 7935 RR0001
- Legal Name: YWCA Edmonton
We can help:
Contact Deborah McKinnon at 780.423.YWCA (9922) or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about naming YWCA Edmonton in your will or living trust. We're happy to help, without obligation.