Are you in crisis?
If the threat of danger is immediate:
Try to give the police your name, address and phone number. Provide as much additional information as circumstances allow.
Let them know if:
- your life is in danger.
- you are injured and will need an ambulance.
- there are weapons being used and if so, what type.
- there are drugs and/or alcohol involved.
- there are children (or others) present in the home.
- there is a history of violence.
- there is a protection order, peace bond or restraining order in effect.
If you are experiencing domestic violence, but the threat is not immediate:
Call the following Distress & Crisis Lines:
- Police Complaint Line: 780-423-4567
- Support Network 24-Hour Distress Line: 780-482-4357
- Edmonton Sexual Assault Centre 24-Hour Crisis Line: 780-423-4121
- Kids Help Line: 1-800-668-6868
- Child Abuse Hot Line: 1-800-387-5437
- Teens Helping Teens: 780-428-8336
If you need emergency shelter:
- Lurana Shelter | Crisis Phone: 780-424-5875
- SAGE Senior’s Safe House | Crisis Phone: 780.702.1520
- WIN House | Crisis Phone: 780-479-0058
- A Safe Place (Sherwood Park ) | Crisis Phone: 780-464-7233
- Ermineskin Women’s Shelter (Maskwacis) | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Crisis Phone: 780-585-4444
If you need information and resources on domestic violence:
- 211 | Family Violence Resource List
- The Today Family Violence Help Centre | Support Booklet
- Edmonton Police Service | Domestic Violence