Imagine That: A BIPOC Youth Guide to Navigating Teenage Identity is a free, virtual, national conference that will take place Friday, August 13th to Saturday, August 14th 2021. Imagine That welcomes Black, Indigenous, and other cisgendered girls, trans and gender nonconforming, and two spirit folks of colour from the ages of 13-16 all across Canada. The title Imagine That stems from Toni Morrison’s essay “The Future of Time,” and her Sarah Lawrence commencement address, which
Every dollar raised through your fundraising event has a far-reaching and lasting impact in our community.
Host a Fundraiser
Lend your support to YWCA Edmonton by hosting your very own fundraiser.
Thank you for your interest in hosting a fundraising event to benefit YWCA Edmonton. These types of events help us raise important funds each year, and we are grateful for your generous support. All proceeds will go towards YWCA Edmonton programs and services.
YWCA Edmonton is a community leader in advocacy, counselling services, disability services, sexual health and wellness services, youth programming, and outdoor experiences. In 2020, we directly supported and empowered thousands of people in our community through the pandemic as we continued our work towards equity, opportunity, and choice for all.
What to expect from YWCA Edmonton:
When you host your own fundraiser, YWCA Edmonton has no fiduciary responsibility and little to no staff involvement in the event or activity. Here are some ways we can help you as you prepare for your fundraiser.
Supports YWCA can offer:
- Charitable tax receipts issued for donations of $10 or more, when applicable
- Guidance on programs and the impact of your donation
- Access to our “In Support of YWCA” logo and/or letter for you to use while promoting your event
- Promotion of your event on our social media channels when possible
- Right to withdraw: YWCA Edmonton may, at any time, rescind the right to use our name for fundraising or other purposes.
- Funding: YWCA Edmonton does not offer funding or reimbursement of expenses for any external fundraising events.
- Liability: You are responsible for obtaining all necessary permits/insurance for your event.
Thank you for helping us work towards creating a community with equity, opportunity, and choice for all.
We are so grateful for the time, talent, enthusiasm and creativity of our fundraisers in support of YWCA Edmonton – thank you for being a part of it!
YWCA Charity Integrity
YWCA Edmonton is a registered Canadian charity (#10822 7935 RR0001).