Every gift in every Will makes a difference and helps us to continue to offer programs and services as the needs of our community change.
A charitable bequest made through your Will is a simple and impactful way of giving. It allows you to leave a larger gift than would be possible during your lifetime.
By planning today, you can have a tremendous impact. Your support will allow us to continue to lead, support, and advocate for women, girls, and families when and where they need us — for years to come.
How it worksTo make a charitable bequest, you need a current Will or revocable living trust. After your lifetime, YWCA Edmonton receives your gift. Your gift can be made as:
A Specific Piece of Property
A Percentage of Your Estate
Called a charitable bequest, this type of gift offers:
- Flexibility: Because you’re not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatility: You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to us.
- Satisfaction: You can provide a future gift while retaining control of your assets during your lifetime.
Other benefits include:
- A charitable tax receipt to your estate
- Reduction or elimination of estate taxes through careful planning
- An opportunity to honour or memorialize yourself or a loved one by establishing a named endowment fund
Putting your family first
Emergencies happen, and you need to make sure your family is financially taken care of first.
When planning a future gift, it’s sometimes difficult to determine what size of a donation will make sense. Including a bequest of a percentage of your estate ensures that your gift will remain proportionate no matter how your estate’s value fluctuates over the years.
Make your Planned Gift today!
Leaving a gift to YWCA Edmonton in your Will is simple.
- Speak to your lawyer about drafting or revising your Will or adding a codicil. Here is some sample wording to reference.
- Take a moment to complete this confidential Planned Gift Confirmation Form and return it to us. Letting us know that you have made a bequest allows us the opportunity to thank you today and ensure that your gift can accomplish what you’d like.
YWCA Charity Integrity
YWCA Edmonton is a registered Canadian charity (#10822 7935 RR0001).