Sexual Health & Wellness Programs
We believe in equity over equality
What we do
YWCA Edmonton’s Multicultural Program works directly with Edmonton’s ethnocultural communities to provide education and support on the promotion of sexual health.
Our staff offers information and workshops tailored to fit the needs of diverse individuals and communities and are provided at an appropriate English level.
Our sessions will include:
- Fact-based information that is scientifically accurate
- Judgement-free discussions and presentations
- Presentations tailored to the needs of the individual and the group
- Conversations about the values and opinions we and our community members might have about these topics
- Information about resources and services that deal with sexual health issues
Our specific goals for the sessions:
To create awareness and provide information on sexual health.
To build capacity for addressing sexual health issues in multicultural communities.
To help members of multicultural communities make informed decisions on sexual health issues.
Birth Control & Pregnancy Options
- What is Birth Control, and how does it work?
- What are reasons a family, couple, or individual would consider using Birth Control?
- How does someone pick which Birth Control is best for them?
- What options are there for someone who is already pregnant and doesn’t know what to do?
- What do Healthy Relationships look and feel like?
- What do Unhealthy Relationships look and feel like?
- How can we make our relationships happier and healthier?
- What can we do if we’re in an Unhealthy Relationship?
- What resources are there in the city?
Sexual Development in Youth
- What do parents need to know about the sexual development of their children?
- What are the stages of development in children?
- What tools and resources are available to parents and guardians to support them in having sexual health conversations with their children?
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- What are STIs?
- Which STIs are common in Canada?
- How do you tell if you have an STI?
- How are STIs prevented?
- If someone thinks they have an STI, what should they do?
- What resources are available in the city?
Sexual Consent & Boundary Setting
- What is Consent?
- How do you ask for Consent?
- How is Consent given?
- What do personal boundaries have to do with Consent?
- What do personal boundaries have to do with Healthy Relationships?
- What is Sexual Assault, and what does it have to do with Consent?
- What resources are there in the city for those who have experience Sexual Assault?
Gender and Sexuality Diversity — LGBTQ2S+
- What is Sexual Orientation?
- What is Gender Identity?
- What does it mean to be LGBTQ2S+?
- What supports are in place for individuals?
- What resources are available for LGBTQ2S+ individuals and their families?
Need to ask a sexual health question? Please fill out the form below with your email and question. Our educators will send an answer to your provided email address.
Phone: 780-423-9922 Ext 311 | Email: email@example.com | or fill out the following form (please note that you must include either an email or phone number for us to be able to contact you):
Your SupportMakes a Difference
When you support YWCA Edmonton, you transform the lives of thousands of women and families in need.