Compass Sexual Wellness Programs
YWCA Edmonton offers pro-choice pregnancy options support through our Counselling Services.
Our services are pro-choice and recognize that individuals are experts in their own lives.
Our doors are open to anyone. Whatever your gender, sexuality, race, income, or creed, we are here to support you in your own decision.
Unbiased pregnancy options support. We will support you in any decision you choose based on your own personal set of circumstances.
We offer short-term, free counselling services — meaning one session may be enough for impactful change to occur.
We believe in:
- Empowering you to make informed choices and decisions about your life.
- Working together with other community organizations to create your own support network.
- Providing you with information on all the options you are considering and supporting you in your decision making process.
- Offering you quality services and expertipro-choic
- All Options Pregnancy Decision Making
- Post – Decision Support
- Past Abortion Support
- Free Pregnancy Testing
- Information Support
- Sexual Decision Making
Book a Session
Our pregnancy tests are free and confidential. Our trained specialist will walk you through the process and give you the information and support you need.
- Book an appointment with our sexual health specialist to come for pregnancy testing and support.
- Come with a full bladder for the urine based test.
- We test for HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) which usually produces an accurate result 7 – 10 Days after intercourse.
- The result is ready in 5-10 minutes. You will have a private space to wait (alone or with your support person) for the results to be processed.
- Once we have the results, our specialist will sit down with you and you will have the opportunity to get information, support, and referrals.
- You will also have the opportunity to book a pregnancy options session with a specialist the following week.
All Options Pregnancy Decision Making
- Continuing the pregnancy and parenting
- Continuing the pregnancy and making an adoption plan
- Terminating the pregnancy
Past Abortion Support
You may find that after an abortion, you experience unexpected feelings that you would like to talk about. These feelings are normal, if you would like to talk about these feelings to a trusted and confidential source we are here to help. If
Please note that we do not provide medical services. We can, however, offer referrals to medical professionals that can support you with your decision.
We also offer community referrals that can range from all options support to sexual decision making and gender identity.
The following organizations can assist with prescriptions, testing, and abortion services:
Your SupportMakes a Difference
When you support YWCA Edmonton, you transform the lives of thousands of women and families in need.