Board service is an excellent opportunity to contribute to an organization. It can also be a great way to enhance personal and professional skills and expertise. Serving on a board helps you to learn about different leadership styles, corporate cultures and business models while also expanding your peer, professional and community networks. Volunteering on a nonprofit board has been shown in studies to improve people’s appreciation for others from diverse backgrounds and understanding of the
- You have control of your giving – opt in and out as it suits you
- Giving can be done directly through payroll, which limits administration and streamlines giving for your team
- You create a group of workplace givers who are making a big difference in the lives of women and families in Edmonton
Workplace giving is a simple way for you to support YWCA Edmonton
Including YWCA Edmonton in your workplace giving options is a great way to engage your team to support a cause making an impact in their community.
Also, by taking the opportunity to Match donations made by your team, it shows them that you care about the causes close to them too!
YWCA Edmonton can assist you by:
- discussing workplace giving with your Human Resources Manager or Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
- providing digital assets, messaging and printed collateral to share with your team
- giving a presentation to staff to explain what we do, and how workplace giving works
- providing updates to employees on our current work and how their donations are being used