Today marks the 25th anniversary of National Indigenous Peoples Day, a day to celebrate, highlight and reflect upon the rich histories, cultures and achievements of First Nations, Inuit and Metis peoples. June 21 was chosen because it coincides with the summer solstice, a sacred and joyous time for many First Nations peoples because it marks the longest day of the year. There are lots of COVID-friendly National Indigenous Peoples Day events happening around the capital
- You have control of your giving – opt in and out as it suits you
- Giving can be done directly through payroll, which limits administration and streamlines giving for your team
- You create a group of workplace givers who are making a big difference in the lives of women and families in Edmonton
Workplace giving is a simple way for you to support YWCA Edmonton
Including YWCA Edmonton in your workplace giving options is a great way to engage your team to support a cause making an impact in their community.
Also, by taking the opportunity to Match donations made by your team, it shows them that you care about the causes close to them too!
YWCA Edmonton can assist you by:
- discussing workplace giving with your Human Resources Manager or Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
- providing digital assets, messaging and printed collateral to share with your team
- giving a presentation to staff to explain what we do, and how workplace giving works
- providing updates to employees on our current work and how their donations are being used